Find a food pantry or meal site
- Use Community Compass on any phone. Call or text “hi” to 317-434-3758.
- Use Community Compass on a smartphone. Download the free app on the App Store or Google Play.
- Use Community Compass on any device. Visit www.communitycompass.app.
- If you cannot access Community Compass, call 2-1-1 for assistance finding food resources.
Apply for Federal Nutrition Programs
- Screen yourself for SNAP or WIC eligibility using this screener or by chatting with Shelly, the chatbot, on Community Compass.
- Call 317-221-7401 or text “IndyWIC” to 85511 to sign up for WIC benefits.
- Visit the Indiana FSSA website to apply for SNAP benefits.
- If you need help applying for SNAP, contact the Gleaners SNAP Hotline at 317-644-1280 for free assistance in any language.
- If you believe you were wrongly denied public assistance benefits, contact Indiana Legal Services for legal assistance.
Request home delivery of meals or pantry items
- If you are located in Marion County, contact the Gleaners Food Bank Home Delivery Line at 317-742-9111.
Get a ride to the grocery store
- Marion County residents can access $1 Lyft rides to and from their nearest SNAP-eligible grocery store. Use the promo code FEEDINDY on the Lyft app for $1 rides to and from the grocery. Valid for up to 8 rides. The rider will pay the first $1, and the City will cover up to $9 – anything over $10 will be charged to the rider. Rides must begin or end at a grocery store in Marion County that accepts SNAP. To find a SNAP retailer, use Community Compass.
Connect to other resources
- For additional food resources or other social services, call 2-1-1 for 24/7 assistance.